Thursday, February 17, 2011

ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY

ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY tell us how often something is done.
These include; always, constantly, continually, frequently, infrequently, intermittently, normally, occasionally, often, periodically, rarely, regularly, seldom, sometimes, .............
For example:
I always do my homework on time. - In this sentence always shows us the frequency.
She goes out occasionally. - In this sentence occasionally shows us the frequency.

Most frequent
always
constantly
nearly always
almost always
usually
generally
normally
regularly
often
frequently
sometimes
periodically
occasionally
now and then
once in a while
rarely
seldom
infrequently
hardly ever
scarcely ever
almost never

Least frequent
never

When something happens regularly at a fixed time we can use the following as adverbs:-

Every day
=
Daily
Every week
=
Weekly
Ever fortnight (two weeks)
=
Fortnightly
Every month
=
Monthly
Every year
=
Yearly/Annually

For example:
I get a newspaper every day. = I get the newspaper daily. 
I pay my rent every month. = I pay my rent monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment